Thursday, November 01, 2007

All Hallow's Eve


...or, Halloween, was so much fun. We started at around 5:30. We left Kamryn at home with Mike and I took Madison to meet up with two of her friends, Rayna and Katie (and Katie's brother, Riley) to trick or treat together. We took some pics of the kids and then headed out. We didn't canvas the entire neighborhood, but she did pretty well. In fact, she ended it earlier than I expected. "Mama, I'm tired...I just want to go home."

So, we said good-bye to her friends (they were heading home, too) and hung out on our front porch for a bit. It was like Mardi Gras in our neighborhood. Some parents were walking around with beers, some people were throwing costume parties that spilled out onto the street, some people gave away plastic cups filled with wine. Okay. I did that -- and only for one set of parents. They overheard me mention to Maddie's friend's dad that next year the parents should walk around with empty cups and see who would fill them up with beer or wine. A couple next to me chimed in, "That's a great idea! I'm up for that!" Later, as I was walking from another neighbor's house with a glass of wine, I ran into the same couple. "You found a house that's giving away wine!!?" I replied, "Yes, mine! Do you want some?" Of course, they didn't turn me down. I'm hoping it starts a new tradition!

Some of our neighbors really went all out. This spooktacular house belongs to our neighbor across the street. Maddie thought it was the coolest. It looked even better in the dark. They had strobe lights, a giant fog machine, and music.
I hope each of you had a Happy Halloween. Maybe next year, you all come out to our place on Halloween (aka D'town's Mardi Gras)?

I'm still trying to find a way to post thumbnails like I used to. For now, click on the link to check out all of our pics.

7 comments:

Ditto said...

OH.........MY.........GOD!!!

HOW adorable! Maddie looks like shes 12(uh-oh).........This is the first Halloween I missed in their young lives..sniff.


Love, MeMom

april said...

ok, these two are 2 delicious. i'd love to see the other photos but it's asking me for a guest password?

and p.s. it's not 'guest'. :(

Unknown said...

Are you sure that the girls' costumes are correct? I would have thought that Kam should have been wearing red... But then the horns seem right for Maddie too... OK, I think you just need more devil costumes, like three of them. Only Mike gets to wear the halo for putting up with all those women!

-E

Christine said...

Haha...Eric, you are so right about Mike. I don't know anyone who could do a better job. :) Yes, Maddie and Kam's costumes should have been switched. Then again, as you mention, there's a little "devil" in all of us, no? Well, all of my favorite people seem to have a little "devil" in them.

Christine said...

Grrr...April, this is driving me nuts. I'll try to troubleshoot this over the weekend. One of my girlfriends uses DropShots successfully. I'll reach out to her and see if any of her blog readers have had the same issues. I'm sure it's just user error (mine) as Mike would say. ;)

*Lynn Marie Fell* said...

Hey Chrissy! the girls look adorable in their costumes! glad u all had a good halloween!

Christine said...

Thanks Lynn. I hear you had a great one, too. I stole your idea for slide shows. DropShots was giving me problems. I figured I'd try out Slide and see how I like it. I enjoy it on your blog. :)