Kam's surgery tomorrow is scheduled at 7:30. She needs to be Doylestown Hospital by 6:30 to be admitted and prepped. They're going to give her "giggle juice". If you've never heard of it before, it's an anti-anxiety and sedative to help with the separation. It's called "giggle juice" because kids often get silly after taking it. Admittedly, I don't know much about it other than that. Typically, I'm against useless medication. But, I think the "giggle juice" will benefit me as much as Kamryn. They have toys in the unit for the kids to ride on/play with until the sedative kicks in. Kamryn will then be wheeled right into the operating room. The surgeon will insert a small wire probe into her tear duct to clear it. The entire operation should take about 10 minutes. Afterwards, she'll be wheeled into a recovery room. Unless they bend the room visitor policy a little, Mike and I will take turns visiting with her. Maddie will be with us, too. I don't think we'll need to, but we'll bring Maddie to school late if necessary.
Stay tuned tomorrow for post-surgery updates.....
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment