Friday, October 12, 2007

A year goes by so quickly...


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting
No, that's not how long it's been since I've last blogged. (Although, it feels that way.) It's been about a year since we had to force Kamryn into the world, can you believe it? About this time last year, Mike and I was desperate for labor to start...trying every "natural labor induction", wondering if she'd ever come out on her own. I mean, I knew she'd be coming out one way or another. I just wanted it to be my way, not the doctors' way. We all know how that worked out. (If not, see The Journey of Kamryn Rae under 2006 in Blog Archives to the right.)

With school starting, we've been busy getting settled into our new routines. Maddi is doing well. She has some areas she needs to improve, but I understand it's just typical for her age/grade. We're still ironing out our routine; it'll get there. Kamryn is starting to babble...all...the...time. It's pretty funny. She yells at you when you try to stop her from doing something. And this week, she's been wanting us to assist her with walking more and more. No steps yet, but it should be happening very soon.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting
Yesterday, we had a birthday party for Kamryn. It was really nice to see everyone, although I didn't get to spend much time with all of you. That's how these things go. I think Kamryn had a good time. She was playing with all of her toys today. We took her out on her cars. Although she like to push the Dora car, she loves the music on the fairy car that Aunt Donna and Uncle Buddy got her. The little puffy vest from the Uncle Greg, Aunt Nancy, Jarrod and Jordan was perfect for the weather today. We've yet to get the kitchen up. I'll be doing that tomorrow.

As usual, we've waited until this week to start getting things together for Kam's party. I'm actually ahead of the game this year thanks to a few of my girlfriends. Thanks, chicas...you know who you are. And thank you to Me-mom and Pe-pop, Mom-mom and Pop-pop Pagnotta, and Aunt Joann for helping with the party. We couldn't have pulled it off without you.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting
The weekend of October 6th, we took the girls to None Such Farm for pumpkin-picking and pony-rides. It felt weird to be in a pumpkin patch picking pumpkins because it was a little warm for the season. We all had a good time. Maddi rode a pony. Kam pet a horse. They both enjoyed the hayride around the farm. We left with pumpkins and mums to decorate the front of our condo.

My friend, Stacey (her blogs are to the right), sent me some FABULOUS lullaby CDs for Kamryn. Lullaby versions of Pink Floyd and lullaby versions of Bob Marley. Her son, Trevor, loves them and I have to agree with him. They are really cool. Thanks so much, Stacey. These are the best! I'll get two other versions and send them to you. :)

Please enjoy the pics. And you can browse the albums by selecting date on the left or just scrolling through on the right. Also, check out Maddi's blog, Maddi's Sprinkles, to the right under "Catch up..."

Love to you all...

No comments: