Sunday, August 26, 2007

Dorney Park


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


On Saturday Mike, Maddy and I went to Dorney Park for Mike's company picnic. Although we still weren't feeling well, we couldn't pass up free admission and free food all day! (In hindsight, we shouldn't have done it as we were even sicker the next day.) We left Kamryn with my girlfriend, Jillian, who was thrilled to have her for the day. Maddy had been looking forward to the trip for weeks. While Mike and I were,too, at first, we were not looking forward to the heat. It was a scorcher! Fortunately, Dorney Park has a water park in it (Wildwater Kingdom). After checking in with the rest of his colleagues and getting a little lunch at the buffet there, we desperately searched for water rides. On our way to the water rides, Maddy decided she wanted to go on The Whip. The attendant looked to be about 70 years old. He let two young girls take a child who looked to be about one year old on it. (Not smart on either side in my opinion. I wanted to smack those two ninnies for thinking it'd be fun to bring a small child onto a ride that goes in an oval and whips you around sideways on the curves.) Before getting on, we asked the attendant if the three of us could go on together. He said, "You're only allowed two, but people have been doing it all day. You can, I don't care if I lose my job. It's the end of the season. Ah-ha-ha! The day was getting off to a great start. We decided that we'd follow the rules and Mike offered to stand aside and wait for us. Maddy was disappointed, "Awww. I want Daddy to come. He's more fun." I guess I looked a little hurt, as she said, "Sorry Mama." Nice. Midway through the ride, I realized that our safety bar hadn't locked. As we came up on Mike on the side, I tipped it forward a little to show him. We were laughing, but I wasn't finding it funny that we could fly out. I braced my feet on the bottom of the car and kept a firm grip on that bar, pulling it towards us. After we safely got off the ride, Mike and I kept joking about that attendant...and about how that ride was the most deceivingly dangerous ride in the park.

Sweating and feeling a bit roasted, we resumed our search for the water rides. It didn't take us long to find it and when we did, we hit the wave pool first and spent a good half hour just cooling off in it. We got in a few other water rides before heading to the other part of the park. We didn't get on many rides. The park was PACKED! But, we did make the most of our time there and had a lot of fun. While standing in line for one of our first rides, Mike decided that he was going to put his hair in crazy rubber bands -- and kept it like that all day. People kept commenting on his hair: "love your hair, it's hot! hey...i like your hairdo! cool hair, man." Maddy told people that it happened on a water ride. "Don't go on that ride over there, your hair will come out looking like that!"

It was a good time. And, Kamryn had a good time, too. Jillian and her boyfriend, Jeff, have three dogs. She was playing with the dogs and with Jeff and Jilly. Jeff's mom came over and played with Kamryn, too. When we got to their place, she was out cold. She woke up a little on the way home and seemed happy to see us, but went right back down to sleep and slept soundly all night.

Despite still feeling sick (Mike and I have some sort of nasty cold that won't go away), we had a great weekend.

2 comments:

*Lynn Marie Fell* said...

i'm so glad u guys enjoyed dorney! too bad you didnt bring your camera i would pay to see Mikes hair like that! By the way Sean came home with a webkins a few weeks ago he & my brother got them. It was cute for little kids but also kind of pointless. It seems to be the new fad for this generation. Great to see all is well, get rid of those colds!
Much love!

J9 said...

Ummm....can we update the blog, like ever? I have been waiting with bated breath for over a month for new news!! Hook me up!

BTW, cutest picture ever. I showed everyone at work and told them Maddie and Kam were my kids. Heehee.

Love,
J9