Well, still no baby. We did go into the hospital on Thursday night because I thought that my water broke around 4:30 that day. At Mike's insistence, I called the midwives. I was told to monitor for a few hours then call them back. At 7:30 I called them back and they wanted us to come in to just check to make sure it wasn't my water. After a few tests, they concluded it wasn't. I was asked to come in the following day (Friday) to get the Biophysical Profile done that I skipped out on Wednesday. We did. (And, parking wasn't as bad as I thought. Max amount of time is 5 hours for $7. Here I was imagining airport prices...lol.) Anyway, we were told Thursday night that if we didn't get a perfect score on the Biophysical Profile (test to make sure post-due baby is doing fine...breathing, moving, amniotic fluid level good, etc) they would recommend a c-section that day (yesterday). Of course, it didn't happen. The baby is doing fine. They couldn't tell us how long she is, but said she's 8 lbs 3 oz. We got to look at her for a little bit, and then went home. The midwife called to check on us and then told me to get some rest in case I went into labor last night. I didn't want to get my hopes up, but wondered if she saw something in the tests that made her believe last night would be the night. I guess not, since I'm still home this morning (wahh, wahhhh).
On October 16th (this Monday), I will be 42 weeks. Because of that baby's perfect score, the midwives have given us the weekend to try to have a natural birth. They are supportive of a natural birth, but the doctors are pushing for a c-section. They have scheduled us for Monday at 8:00 am. We have the option to sign a medical release waiving it. *If* we do this, we go back for another Biophysical on Monday. If the baby scores less than 8/8 (perfect score), they will, again, strongly recommend a c-section. I have talked to several professionals about the risks of going past 42 weeks and have done my own research as well (medical studies, articles, etc). I wanted to make an educated decision. Because of my previous cesarean, I am going to concede to a c-section on Monday. I don't like it one bit, but I don't want to risk doing harm to myself or the baby.
This morning, in a last-ditch effort to avoid a c-section and at the recommendation of my midwives, I took castor oil. We shall see what happens. Again, I've read that for some it works and for some it doesn't. I am desperate at this point. If nothing happens, at least I tried. Hopefully, we’ll be seeing the baby before Monday (fingers crossed).
And, yes...we will be delivering at Princeton. I was upset, but realize now that the parking isn't *so* bad. And one of my midwives told me that you have to pay to park at Mercer Medical Center, too. I haven't been there in a while, so I didn't know. I guess Helene Fuld and RWJ-Hamilton are the only area hospitals that don't make you pay.
Saturday, October 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
hmmn. i took castor oil cuz i was 9 days late. i suppose by now, you know what it does real well. tiz ok i suppose. we need a laxative so as not to push out any thing that isn't cute and cuddly. (ew) having said that, it also made my contractions start. fairly steady too. i got all happy etc. water broke. 8 hours later tho, nothing. it all stopped. i sooo want this little girl to come before they cut you. i'm hoping in the next 12 hours it all kicks in and i'll be driving to PMC tomorrow nite to visit!
love you guys and good luck. and remember don't push w/ your face!
oxoxxox
a
I just don't know what to say about being prego for 42 weeks - of my god - you must be soooo ready. Good luck sista - please let me know when your little girl arrives. Hopefully she's here already!!!
I just got the great news (via Aunt Terry to Purdy Burdy to me)- Congratulations Christine, Mike and Maddie on the newest addition to your family!! I love the name and can't wait to see pictures of the face that goes along with it :)
yay! all our good thoughts worked. you popped your camryn cork and they didn't have to do a section.
nicely done christine! can't wait to see you all. (mostly the little wrinkly pink one, but you guys too... ;)
Post a Comment