Friday, August 24, 2007

Nothing much to report

Well...I figured I should post something, but there's really not much to report. Nothing exciting, anyway. Maddy is looking forward to going back to school. Her Mom-mom and Pop-pop Pagnotta and Aunt Kelly and Aunt Kaitlyn took her overnight the other day. Aunt Kelly took Maddy to see Underdog. The following day, Mom-Mom and Pop-pop Pagnotta took Maddy school shopping. She was so excited about her new clothes, school supplies, and her Webkin. I'd never heard of these before we moved here, but Webkins are the thing to have in this neighborhood. They're stuffed animals that come with a code for free access to an online site where you have a toon of your webkin and you can feed it, put it to bed, dress it, play games with it, etc. She has two of them...she's really into them.

Kamryn's teething was really disrupting our sleep schedule. Also, I just realized that what I thought was a diaper rash that wouldn't go away is a yeast rash. I think that was contributing to her getting up constantly in the middle of the night as it was making urinating painful. I was beginning to think I'd have to learn to deal with 3 hours of sleep a night forever! But, things are improving. She's funny...so different from Maddy. Where Maddy was more of a talker, Kam is more active. She does not sit still for very long. Even when we're putting her to sleep she's kicking the side of the rocking chair or bouncing her legs until she falls asleep. She's a yeller, too! If you try to stop her from doing something she shouldn't be doing, she'll yell at you and try to hit at you. She's got Mike's determination, that's for sure. :) We call her our little monkey as she'll climb all over you when you're trying to hold her.

Mike and I are okay. We're both getting over a cold or something...sore throat, congestion, headache, fatigue. Neither of us have gotten much sleep in the past week and it just caught up with us. Mike stayed home from work yesterday and we took turns sleeping. We're staring to feel better. Tomorrow is Mike's company picnic at Dorney Park. We're looking forward to spending some time with Maddy. My girlfriend, Jillian, is taking Kamryn for the day. Jillian lives close, so this works out well.

I acted as a doula for one of my other girlfriends over the weekend. She lives two hours away, in Ocean View, NJ and was up here for a shower on Saturday (Dan's birthday). She stayed at our place and I gave her a pre-natal massage at my office on our special pre-natal table. Well, a few hours later her water broke. She ended up having her baby boy, Kaden John, here at Doylestown Hospital. I was there for most of the day, only leaving for 1-2 hours to shower and check on my family. It was an awesome experience. One that I hope to get the chance to do again. :)

I still haven't figured out dropshots...click on the pic below to go to the site and browse around.

Love to you all...


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting

No comments: