Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Weekend update: Maddi's home and Kam's grown

Well, Maddi's home. We picked her and Grandmom up from the Philadelphia airport on Friday. I know Madison was tired because she wasn't as chatty as usual. That night, while unpacking, she started crying. She got us a cute little glass bottle that says Navarre Beach (where Mom-mom and Pop-pop DiPilla live) with some shells in it. The bottle, which was in her suitcase, got a little broken during transport. I told her that the little broken out piece makes the bottle look more like it was something found on the beach...it looked cooler. It took a little while, but she got over it. She has a journal that she wrote in every day. She posted it on her blog at Maddi's Sprinkles. Check it out. There are some real gems in there.

I want to thank Mom-mom and Pop-pop DiPilla for taking such great care of Maddi while she was in Florida. I knew she would have a pretty full itinerary. Every night, when she called she sounded so happy...excitedly spilling the day's details to us. It was a nice break for us, too. We were back down to one child for a little while. Though in the end, we did miss Maddie.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


Kam's doing great. She's starting to say uh-oh, ma-ma, da, ba-ba, she knows dog, door, dora, daddy, maddi, mommy, no, yes, come here, outside...and probably some others of which I'm not aware. She is teething and it's keeping us up at night. She wakes up often in the middle of the night and doesn't want to sleep or nap anymore, it seems. She shrieks a lot. We do what we can...give her things to chew on and give her Infant Motrin and Orajel as needed. She's also growing in other ways. She's mastered crawling and is now trying to crawl up stairs. This is quite fun for us. She's also begun to pull herself up to a stand. She got into the wipes the other day while I was standing right next to her putting her clothes away. It reminded me of the time Maddi got into her baby powder when she was about 18 months old, but it wasn't quite as messy.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


Mike is doing well. He's putting in some late hours at work. He still loves it, though. He hasn't spoken to me about moving west since he took the job at Teva, so he must love it. As for me, I had a great weekend. I got called into work on Saturday morning, I put in about 4 hours there. I had another client on Sunday...a 90 minute session. It felt good to be working so much, but on Monday my body was sore. After being out of work for so long, I welcomed the feeling.

Summer's coming to a close and we really haven't taken the kids anywhere. Looks like we're due for some sort of outing. Perhaps someplace frugal, local, and somewhat educational? Check back to see what we're up to.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! One question.. how DO you spell Maddie? Is it Maddi Maddy or Maddie? LOL!!! In that one entry you have it spelled all three ways!

I LOVE IT!
Kisses sissy!!

Morgan Baden said...

I love these girls!!!

april said...

wow. madison looks more grown up since i saw her 3 weeks ago. florida have something in their water or what?

and look how kam is looking like her sister now. it's so noticeable as she gets older!

loved the shot of her and the wipes. she looks so proud, doesn't she? 'lookey here mom'

Christine said...

ha ha...i didn't notice the three spellings. i used to spell her nickname with an -ie. she always liked it with a -y until today. she wants it with an -i. so, i was a bit confused. nice catch, sissy. mwah!

Christine said...

Isn't it funny how grown up Maddi looks in pics? I can't stand it! And, yeah...Kam does look so proud of what she's done. "Yeah! I made it and look...look at all of the cool things I'm finding in here. And they just keep coming It never ends!" You know, until that picture of them in the cubby under the stairs, didn't see much of a resemblance between them. Their personalities are (so far) completely opposite -- just going by what I remember Maddi's personality to be when she was this little.