As suggested by my helpful friends, Mike and I took a different approach...we didn't come down on her as hard as we normally would have, but instead focused on what she should have done instead of hitting back and how she should not let people get to her. We're slowly introducing the TV and music at night...and letting her do more. She really is a fantastic student and a great kid. We want her to turn out well and sometimes we forget to praise her for her good points and focus too much on what needs to be "fixed". Sometimes, I also forget she's only 8 -- right, Stace? ;).
Funny story...
Earlier this week, I attempted to do our taxes online. (That didn't go so well and we ended up going to the place we normally go to get them done.) Anyway, the next day I found Madison's clipboard on the kitchen table with a piece of paper that said, "Rhoda's Taxes" on the top. Amused, I took a closer look. This is what I saw:
computers...$100
T.V....$110
teaching...$200
grocerys(sic)...$110
Ronotta's School (10 yrs old)...$100 a month
Reidl's School (4 yrs old)...$20 a month
Paco's vet charges...$30 a month
2 couches...$40 (sale)
The Piano...$100
coffee table...free from a relative
3 lamps...$60
Bookshelf...$50
painting...$100
kids...$300
carpet...free from a relative
rocking chair...$150
TAX TEST OVER
And on the next page:
TAX PAYMENT $2397.
For who?
Rhoda Timilie.
OK. Now tell her 2397 is your payment.
If she starts to cry take her to my office.
That was the best part. I laughed. So, if any of you haven't had your taxes done yet, Madison can take care of it for you.
Well...here are some new pics and videos take last weekend. Enjoy!
Saturday, February 17, 2007
Monday, February 19, 2007
1 comment:
She has quite the imagination, that kid! I love the names she chose.
I can't beleive how big Kamryn got!!
Post a Comment