Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Procrastinate is not an ugly word

Wow! Has it been a month already? That must have been the blur I saw this morning when I woke up. I can't believe it. I'm going to *try* to get on a weekly schedule. New updates on Wednesdays...that sounds doable.

So Madison has been showing us she's ready for more responsibility at home by keeping her room clean, helping to take care of her little sister, making her lunches/snacks sometimes, making her own breakfast. We're really proud of her and wanted to do something to reward her. She has been begging for a dog since we put Hasek down, so we decided to go to PetSmart and adopt a dog.

On Dec.9th, we rode to S. Philly (b/c PAWS only charges $25 to adopt) and picked out a dog. Her name was Ilsa, but we renamed her Gypsy since the shelter picked her up as a stray before we picked her out. She's a Weimaraner/Pit Bull mix. Maddie lays with her new dog, takes her out, plays with her, feeds her, brushes her. She's mostly a calm dog, but since she is only about 1 1/2 yrs old, she does have times during the day when she wants to be a puppy. We don't have a crate for her (her size, Hasek's is too big) yet, so housebreaking is a little bit of a challenge. But, we've worked out a schedule between the three of us -- me, Mike, and Maddie -- for taking her out. She sleeps on a blanket on the floor in our bedroom and doesn't have any overnight accidents. So, that's a positive.

Kamryn is doing well. She just had her 2 month checkup. She's now 11 lbs 9 oz -- 95% for height, 75% for weight. Whatever that's supposed to mean in the grand scheme of things. lol Seriously, I would worry about these measurements when Maddie was little. Oh no...only 75%? Is she not eating enough? Maddie was the same as Kam -- 95%/75% -- and she's fine. Tall and thin like her Dad's side of the family.

I don't want to be one of those women who thinks that her child is so advanced or raves about every little thing the baby does, but...here goes. I feel Kamryn is really starting to interact with us. She's smiling and babbling and making faces. I feel she's even trying to get the mouth movements down to start talking. She watches your mouth when you talk and moves hers around, trying different things out. It's interesting and...cool to watch.

So, Christmas is in 5 days and we have only a fraction of shopping done. We do this every year...gotta love it. I think I work best under pressure, though. I think I get that from being a procrastinator. See? Procrastination can bring about good things.

Check out this past months pictures...
Tuesday, December 19, 2006


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays to the DiPillas! Hope Kam's first xmas is great!