Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I believe I'm back to (as) normal (as can be)

Sorry it's been awhile. It's not easy caring for a newborn. I guess I forgot after 7 years. I'm starting to feel like a person again instead of a dairy/diaper-changing machine. To bring you up to date from last post, Kamryn is doing well. She has her fussy times like all of us do just more often. She just had a check-up on Friday. She’s now 8 lbs 14 oz and 22.5 inches long. She’s just about as big as Maddi was when Maddi was born. And, Maddi is doing well. She’s getting excellent grades in school. There just seems to be a problem with not paying attention and chatting too much. I’ve heard from some experts (close friends who are/were teachers) that she’s most likely bored in school. While that’s a nice theory to hear, we’re at wits end over what to do about it. She’s been this way since day-care/pre-school. She’s always been ahead of class in learning, but has self-control issues. I keep saying to myself, it could be worse. There was a child in my kindergarten class who set the garbage can in the classroom on fire. At least she’s not doing things like that! Fortunately, we aren’t having too much trouble with jealousy. She seems to really love her sister. And, she’s been a huge help around the house since Kamryn and I have been home from the hospital.

Yesterday was a bit of a rude awakening, trying to get Madison's make-up and costume on for Halloween while Kamryn is screaming and crying. Kamryn had been screaming and crying on and off all day and didn’t sleep. After 8 hours of that, I was so frustrated, I ended up in tears! Mike came home just in time to save the night and we were able to get our trickin' and treatin' butts out on the road. We ended up making the candy rounds in Me-mom and Pe-pop's neighborhood instead of our ‘hood. Here are some pics. We didn’t get much of Madison, she was out filling up her candy sack.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006


No comments: