So, I'll try to catch up a little bit here. Madison and Kamryn both enjoyed their holidays. Maddi's doing well in school. She was recommended for her school's PEN program, a gift & talented program. She had to take a math and reading test and an IQ test and passed all of them. The last one is a test with a psychologist. She's confident she'll get in. I gotta admire that.
Madison also joined a chess club at school. It started in January and ends sometime in March. The program runs after school on Mondays. She really enjoys it. Maddi's also been learning to knit. We're both learning together. We're each working on a scarf right now. We'll see how that works out.
Kamryn has been doing and saying more and more every day. She says: Mommy, Daddy, Sissy, down, up, outside, no, yes, cool, awesome, thank you, please, more, good girl, bad, sorry, not nice, nice, dora, blue's clues, mom-mom, pop-pop, dog, cat, cow, horse, pig, chicken, bunny, What's that?, Where'd it go?, come on, come here, cars, whoa, baby, happy, bye-bye, dance, cup, milk, coat, shoes, clothes...on and on.
She repeats EVERYTHING. She understands almost everything you say and if you understand her, you can make out sentences. She talks CONSTANTLY. And she's at the stage where she's no longer such a great listener. She has her own ideas on what she'd like to be doing and will throw a fit if you try to take her away from what she's doing or take away what she wants. But, she throws the most gentle fits I've ever seen.
She'll slowly lower herself to the floor and carefully lay down and then whine. Sometimes she'll lay there for a bit until she either decides she doesn't like not having an audience (someimes I'll walk away) or I am able to get her interested in something else. She's so funny. She isn't as sensitive as Maddi was as a baby. When you scold her, she sometimes gets upset, but mostly will blow you kisses or just smile at you sweetly and say, "hi". Lately, if you scold her she's been running away from whatever she isn't supposed to be touching or doing muttering, "no, is bad, is bad, no is bad." It's so much fun introducing her to new things and watching her personality blossom. And Madison continues to impress us with her hunger for knowledge and her outlook on life.
7 comments:
'bout time! love the pix!
man, i am SO jealous! trevor isn't talking yet, although i did get him to start "la la la-ing" -- but just like kam, he understands everything! just the other day, terry asked him if he knew where his second slipper was and he went into his reading room and then gave it to terry! at least he understands what WE are saying...now if he would only verbalize his own thoughts! hurrah for kam!
don't they have any good dentists in d-town?
LOL...unfortunately, no. we ain't got no good dentists here. *wink*
And, Stace, I don't know how true this is, but I heard that boys don't talk as early as girls. Mike didn't say a word until he was two.
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, how sweet!!! Everytime I write a comment, it NEVER shows up! Whadupwitdat?????
I just forgor my GOOGLE name. THIS is Memom speaking.........
Love what you did w/the place
LOVE, MEMOM
i miss u
Post a Comment