Thursday, April 26, 2007

Settling in...

Most of us are adjusting to our new home/routine very well. Kam has been especially clingy/whiney, but this was expected. She is a bit different, to say the least. For the first two nights, we put her in a portacrib in Maddy's room and they both slept well...just keeping each other company. Last night, we set her crib up and put her in it. Kam was excited watching me put the bedding in while Mike held her. She kept laughing and hitting the crib...trying to grab it and pull herself into it.

Madison's first day of school went really well. We got a brief tour of the school when we dropped her off. Everyone was so nice...it was odd...still is odd to us how nice everyone is around here. The children in her class made Maddy "Welcome to Groveland" cards. There were some real gems in there. Our favorite?..."I want to meet you so bad"..from one of the boys in her class. That one got a red-flag...lol. Mikey put that boys name down on "The List" immediately. As my friend, Kelly, said, "...future stalker." We had some jokes about it. I thought it was a really great thing to do. Maddy says everyone in her school is super-nice. To quote her: "...it makes such a big difference." She says her bus ride is calmer and more fun and that everyone was very nice to her...asking her if she was the new kid and asking her different questions. We're all liking it here.

Mike's commute to work is even shorter than we thought it would be. And I'm loving that we're in a nice place for me to take Kamryn out for walks. We've gone walking almost every day this week. A lot of people sit out on their front porches and say hi to you as you walk by. We didn't even have this kind of welcome in Hamilton. To quote Mike, "I don't care if I never leave Doylestown."

***pictures to come...stop by after the weekend

5 comments:

Badness said...

i am sooooo happy for you guys! when will i see you?

Christine said...

Anytime you'd like, bay-bay. This weekend we'll be at the old apartment to clean. I don't think we're quite ready to have people over; the place is still a wreck. But, we'd LOVE to come see you and J.B.! We'll bring the wine...let's play. :)

Terry said...

I am so happy to hear you guys are enjoying your new neighborhood. I was a little worried about Maddy starting a new school but she is her mother's daughter when it comes to being social. I can't wait to see your new place.

Love,

Aunt Terry

Anonymous said...

so glad to hear it's all good! you guys deserve some happiness.

congrats!!

Christine said...

Thanks so much. Yeah, Maddy doesn't lack social skills, that's for sure...lol. I can't wait to have everyone over, either. I don't know when we'll make that happen, but hopefully it'll be before Kamryn's 1st birthday.